The 2013 membership year is drawing to a close, and what a year it has been! The NASC staff and board of directors thank you for your involvement and hope your organization values its membership as much as we value your continual support! We encourage you to take full advantage of all the benefits and resources that are available to your organization as a NASC member by renewing today.
2013 Year in Review
What a year! As the two bars graphs so clearly demonstrate, NASC membership and annual symposium attendance continue to grow. Revenues kept pace as well, and the financial security of the association has never been better. And, if our conversations with members are any indication, the exceptional benefits of a member directed association have become important to each of you.
The steady growth in membership is particularly encouraging. Our progress has remained steady and sure, encouraging your board of directors to feel our emphasis on member services has been the proper course to follow. After all, the NASC is the only not-for-profit member directed association serving the industry.
It is quite obvious that the 21st annual NASC Sports Event Symposium “hit it out of the park” in terms of year-to-year growth. It may be interesting for our newer members to know that the symposium is the oldest and longest running conference in the sports event travel industry!
This past year was also a record year for revenues. A result? Your board of directors is currently reviewing a number of options that will result in even more services, which will produce greater value for your membership.
When you combine growing membership with an understanding of the recession resistant nature of our business, we become attractive to those who wish to read the books we have written and get up to speed on what has been happening.
As we continue to grow our membership, build upon our considerable resources, and provide ever more value 365 days each year, it is not surprising outside interests would want to capitalize.
After all, membership in an association provides very different and much more
extensive benefits than can be provided by a two or three day conference. In terms of value, our members pay less than half the registration fee it will take for another 2014 industry conference…and get an annual membership and a symposium registration in the bargain!
Think about it: A full year of membership benefits plus a registration to the industry’s oldest and longest running conference for half of what you would pay for just three days somewhere else! Talk about value!
In a recent staff meeting, we came up with a list of NASC “firsts” that we think you will find interesting:
- First and only industry association
- First industry conference (and will always be the longest running)
- First event owner marketplace (and the only one that focuses on the needs of
destinations and event owners)
- Only professional certification program (soon to be offered online)
- First online economic impact calculator in the industry and the only one offered as part of your annual membership, saving many members at least $3000 a year
- Only organization driven by the needs of its membership; we are, after all, yours
- Only organization available 24/7, 365 days a year with premium on-line member services
- Only organization that stands for industry best practices and protects the integrity of the industry
The more we think about it, the more we believe the NASC can be thought of as the National Governing Body for the sports event travel industry!
This is a proper role for a member directed not-for-profit national association: education and professional development for everyone in the business.
Please know that your staff and board of directors are dedicated to delivering what you need to be continually successful.
A Look at What’s Ahead in 2014
As we look ahead, we are delighted to share exciting new initiatives and programs that will be launching 2014.
- Online module for Certified Sports Event Executive Program
- Printed NASC Playbook to be mailed quarterly to each member organization
- More customization for your online account
- Personalized communication preferences to ensure you receive information about the benefits and services that are most important to you
- New forums on the online message board based on membership type
If you have any questions about your organization’s membership, please contact the Member Services Department.